Richmond, Virginia homeowners are no strangers to weather, and they are keenly aware of the importance of having durable siding to protect their biggest investment: their home. But just how much does durable siding cost?
The Cost of Fiber Cement Siding
Homeowners desiring to discover the cost of James Hardie siding look at the following:
- Regional location: James Hardie siding products are climate specific, so your area’s climate dictates the type of product you need.
- Proximity to a Hardie Board production facility—Your proximity or lack of proximity to a James Hardie manufacturing facility impacts the distance it needs to be transported and is reflected in your overall cost.
- Scope of work: The size of your home and details that make up your home translate into the overall scope of work your siding project entails. The amount of materials and labor involved in installation will directly impact your overall cost.
- More specifics: On average, fiber cement siding costs about $10 per square foot. The good news is, when you install James Hardie siding, it’s well made and carries a hefty 30-year warranty, so it may be the last siding you ever have to install!
- Estimates: For specifics on the cost of James Hardie siding for your home, contact Dependable Home Services for a free estimate. The price of professional installation and materials are both included in your no obligation free estimate.
- Cost comparison: James Hardie siding is less expensive than a brick exterior, and less expensive than stucco siding. And it is more expensive than the vinyl siding commonly used in starter homes or rental properties.
- Return on investment (ROI): The beauty of James Hardie siding lies in the return on investment, including premium performance, long-lasting beauty, extreme durability, and the peace of mind knowing your home is well protected. It boosts the curb appeal and resale value of your home. How’s that for a generous ROI!
Knowledgeable homeowners choose James Hardie siding. Weather elements can often change the appearance of wood or vinyl siding over time. Virginia summers can tend to be hot and muggy, and the winters are cold and wet, giving plenty of opportunities for unwanted moisture to penetrate your home’s siding.
When it comes to protecting your home exterior, James Hardie siding’s proven track record of delivering outstanding, durable performance for homeowners nationwide makes your siding replacement choice easy.
When gathering facts to make the right selection about siding materials, begin by examining the experts in fiber cement siding products, James Hardie. They offer multiple styles, attractive color options, outstanding resilience, and one of the premier warranties in the industry.
America’s Favorite Siding Product
The performance of James Hardie siding is unmatched, due to its amazing makeup and the genius of the climate-specific siding they offer. It has been used on over 8 million homes in the U.S. And the future is bright as the James Hardie company builds on their foundation of success with beautiful new solutions for today’s homeowners.
Why the Investment in James Hardie Siding Is Worth It!
Here are some of the reasons homeowners invest in fiber cement siding:
1. Boost your curb appeal
Enjoy beautiful curb appeal and add resale value to your home. The wide variety of James Hardie color options and styles cater to all types of style preferences, and homeowners who want eye-catching curb appeal love the look of James Hardie siding.
2. Enjoy long-lasting color
The extra benefit of James Hardie’s ColorPlus® technology offers homeowners baked-on color that resists fading, keeping your siding looking amazing with minimal maintenance. With ColorPlus technology, there is no need to repaint your siding, saving you time and money for years to come.
3. Experience unmatched durability and performance
When homeowners invest in James Hardie siding products, they get long-lasting value from their purchase. Weather tests the durability of a home’s siding throughout the year. Your siding, along with proper installation, helps your home hold up during extreme heat or cold. It also resists deteriorating from the impact of hail, moisture damage, rotting, warping, and the abrupt change of seasons.
4. Rest easy with fire-resistant features
Unlike wood or vinyl siding, James Hardie siding is resistant to flames and damaging heat, so it doesn’t contribute to fueling a fire. And insurance companies often offer a discount to homeowners with James Hardie siding because it is non-combustible.
5. Value its climate-specific design
The James Hardie company studied the long-term effects various climates have on siding. The result of their research brought about the creation of the HardieZone® system, which ensures you get the optimal product for your specific climate. HZ5® products primarily resist wet, below-freezing weather conditions, like the weather Richmond, VA homeowners are accustomed to. James Hardie products look fabulous for decades, saving you time and money because they don’t need to be replaced like other siding options.
6. Enjoy low maintenance
To clean your siding, simply bring out your hose and rinse your fiber cement siding a couple of times a year. A regular, low-pressure garden hose and nonmetal, soft or medium bristle brush easily removes dirt and grime from James Hardie siding.
7. Don’t risk pest infestation
Unlike wood siding, which birds can peck at and insects may damage, James Hardie fiber cement siding is engineered to be unappealing to pests including termites and even woodpeckers! Avoid the hassle of pest infestation by investing in these trusted siding products and save yourself the hassle of damages termites or woodpeckers can cause.
Dependable Home Services offers Richmond homeowners:
- A clear and honest evaluation
- An owner who actively manages your project
- Work that is guaranteed
You can’t beat a James Hardie siding replacement for durability and curb appeal. Contact Dependable Home Services for a free quote and consultation for new siding.