Looking to get the most bang for your buck when choosing which home improvements to prioritize before selling your home? Gain understanding of the highest return on investment (ROI) for your remodeling time and money you plan to invest, and you’re sure to reap a welcomed reward when you put your home on the market. Small projects and large home improvement projects alike can add up to big results in your home sale.
At Dependable Home Services, we understand how challenging it can be to know where to start when it comes to home upgrades. That’s why we’ve helped hundreds of homeowners transform their home to a space they love while increasing its resale value. So, if you want to love the look of your home again, ensure a structurally sound home exterior, or simply increase your home’s overall value, contact us for a free consultation.
Where to start when it comes to improving your home value
There are plenty of locations in most homes that need attention. So when you are ready to intentionally make plans to upgrade your home exterior and interior, where do you start? Here are some great places to get a big bang for your buck.
1. Siding replacement
Although it’s a sizable investment, replacing your siding gives your home a beautiful facelift, ensuring a great first impression to potential homebuyers. Siding adds approximately 78% return on investment when you resell your home. And James Hardie® fiber cement siding lasts long; the warranty covers 30-50 years, making it an attractive feature which draws buyers to your home. James Hardie siding has been installed on over 8 million homes in North America. An astounding 18 billion square-feet of this outstanding siding product has graced the homes of America. New siding gives your home a substantial increase in appeal to potential homebuyers such as:
- Create eye-catching curb appeal
- Choose from a wide variety of color options and styles to complement your home’s architecture and your sense of style
- Enduring color doesn’t fade like other siding products
- Unmatched fire resistance brings an added measure of safety to your family
- Climate specific engineering to ensure you get the best product for your specific location in the U.S. and its distinct climate
- Low maintenance and easy to clean twice a year
- Pest resistant to keep your life simple and avoid the hassle of repairs due to infestation of pests including termites
- Unrivalled warranty offering the best warranty in the siding industry
2. Foundation repair
If your home is showing signs of needed foundation repair, have a professional take a look at your concerns to verify the status of your foundation. Although not as glamorous as a bathroom remodel, foundations must be in good shape to maintain your home’s value. When a foundation is faulty, you’re going to run into difficulties selling your home. And if you are nearing the time you desire to put your home on the market, you have two basic choices:
- You can address the foundation issues by hiring a reputable foundation repair company, and the foundation will not hinder the sale of your home
- You can disclose the foundation problems in the sale of your home, and obviously this will impact the price of your home sale
3. Interior remodeling
Kitchen and bathroom upgrades can be a wise investment when looking to increase your home’s value. By remodeling your kitchen cabinets, adding an attractive island, granite countertops, new flooring, or knocking down a wall to create a great room and expand the kitchen’s view, you can add substantially to your home value. Additionally, remodeling your bathroom can also be a wise investment. Consider ideas such as:
- Add a soaking tub to create a spa-like master bath
- Replace your sinks with modern ones
- Create a luxurious bathroom look with a walk-in shower with interesting tile work
4. Add a deck or patio
Adding a deck or patio can boost your home value. Many potential buyers look for a relaxing outdoor space such as a backyard deck or patio where they can grill out and enjoy entertaining others. Create the best configuration for your space, and highlight the awesome features of your backyard. Everyone loves to recreate, and by providing a backyard haven, you’re boosting your resale value. Here’s what many are looking for in a deck or patio:
- Low maintenance
- Long lasting
5. Install a new front door
As small as this may sound, it’s true that first impressions last, and a new front door can really help make a great first impression. Choose from the top door materials, add some great looking hardware, and you’re sure to increase your home’s overall value. Here are some options to consider in door materials:
- Fiberglass—The most popular option in entry door materials is fiberglass due to its durability (it’s what hard hats and canoes are made out of), and its beauty (it can mimic the look of wood without the hassles of regular maintenance wood requires)
- Steel—This practical option for an entry door replacement can be a valuable home improvement to consider. It’s the most budget friendly option, and it boosts home security substantially, making it a favorite for rental properties
- Wood—You can’t beat the beauty of real wood particularly for historic homes, a wood door can help you keep the style consistent and authentic; it will require upkeep, but the charm and beauty it adds is a great reward
Dependable Home Services has helped hundreds of Richmond homeowners get excited about the house they call home. We provide homeowners with exterior remodeling such as: new siding, new decking, foundation repair, and new patios. Our interior remodeling includes anything you need to upgrade your home interior. Improve your home value and get a great return on your investment. Check out our gallery of recent projects for inspiration.