Siding provides your home with vital elements including protection, beauty, and curb appeal. If siding begins to fade over time, or harsh weather causes damage, it’s time to consider a siding facelift. Siding replacement can not only add resale value to your home, but also insulate it from the weather, decreasing energy bills throughout the year.
There are several aesthetic and functional reasons homeowners conclude that it’s time to replace their home’s siding. Here are some signs that your home is ready for a siding update:
1. Siding Damage: When you see signs of damage to your siding, it’s time to look deeper into the cause and consider siding replacement. Siding that shows signs of rotting, cracking, chipping, warping, bulging, or denting can cause major problems to your home’s interior if it isn’t addressed promptly. Typical causes of siding damage include hail penetrations, siding cleaning or maintenance mistakes, high wind damage, sports ball dents, rocks thrown from the lawn mower, and general aging of the siding.
2. Siding Fading: Fading may be a sign your siding is not only aging, but also that it is in need of a new coat of paint. While a fresh coat of paint may solve the issue for a period of time, it could also be appropriate to consider a siding facelift to upgrade your home’s appearance, energy efficiency, and overall value. Since your old siding faded, perhaps you’re ready for a refreshing new look to your home exterior. Siding replacement is the perfect solution. For an updated look you’re sure to enjoy, new siding brings the crisp edge back to your home exterior. And if you are planning on selling your home, a siding update is a brilliant way to restore an up-to-date look to your home’s exterior.
3. Time-Consuming Maintenance for Your Current Siding: The time-consuming maintenance required by homes with wood siding requires not only money but also time to keep it up properly. It can drain you to simply maintain it. Homeowners who have wood siding or other labor-intensive siding options may want to consider low-maintenance James Hardie Siding® for their home. The decreased maintenance, durability, overall beauty, and multitude of options available from which to choose make James Hardie the favorite for homeowners nationwide. Homeowners in the Richmond, Virginia area looking for siding that requires less care and long-term protection turn to James Hardie Siding for their home exterior needs.
4. Unwanted Rot or Mold: Homeowners who notice paint peeling on their home’s interior may find out there is moisture in their walls due to unexpected siding problems. Avoid unwanted mold, mildew, and rot by getting a siding update that will seal your home to prevent moisture penetration and all the hassle that accompanies it.
5. High Energy Bills: If your energy bills have increased, one possible culprit could be old siding. Why not upgrade to better siding products that insulate your home more efficiently? Siding provides insulation from weather including extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, snow, wind, and hail. The better insulated your home is, the more you will save on utility bills year-round. Energy costs add up when there is a breach in the barrier that protects your home from the elements. Avoid excessive energy costs by giving your home a siding facelift.
New Siding Adds to Your Home Exterior:
- Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal and Beauty: Homeowners love James Hardie siding because it imitates the look of true wood, yet is more durable than wood. It is available in a variety of styles and color options, offering you adaptable design elements that fit your home’s unique look. It enhances your home’s exterior appearance and feel, adding great curb appeal and resale value to your home.
- Enjoy Low-Maintenance Siding: James Hardie siding’s amazing ColorPlus® Technology resists fading, so there’s no need for homeowners to repaint it. And it’s simple for Richmond, Virginia homeowners to maintain fiber cement siding by rinsing it with a hose once or twice a year. Now that’s what we call low-maintenance!
- Appreciate the Strength and Resilience of James Hardie Siding: Extreme weather is known to erode stone or brick exteriors over time. Wood siding can eventually rot due to moisture damage, or become eaten by insects. Vinyl siding is economical, yet it may suffer in appearance due to denting. But James Hardie siding upholds its beauty while maintaining resistance to damage from weather extremes, insects, moisture damage, hail, extreme heat, and fire.
James Hardie Siding Options
Personalize your home’s overall look by selecting from a variety of siding options, such as:
- HardiePlank® Lap Siding — Popular HardiePlank lap siding’s timeless look, durability, and beauty grace the exterior of homes nationwide. All styles come primed, or with baked-on, beautiful ColorPlus® Technology to ensure long-lasting color.
- HardieShingle® Siding — HardieShingle siding has the look of cedar shingles, yet the low-maintenance and durability of James Hardie siding products. It adds defined character to a home’s exterior.
- HardieSoffit® Panels — Soffits cover the underside of both roof eaves and exterior porch ceilings. They are available in vented and smooth shapes to accommodate your home’s specific code requirements and your style preferences.
- HardiePanel® Vertical Siding — Homeowners desiring distinct, visual design features for their contemporary home’s exterior enjoy re-siding with HardiePanel vertical siding. The crisp, clean lines of HardiePanel siding offer homeowners the opportunity to express their love for modern style. Additional options include combining HardiePlank lap siding with HardiePanel vertical siding to create the perfect look for your home.
- HardieTrim® Boards —The signature qualities seen throughout the James Hardie product line are enjoyed in HardieTrim boards. HardieTrim offers durable, beautiful elements that create the ideal finishing touch to your new siding. Homeowners enjoy accenting windows, doors, and columns with beautiful HardieTrim boards.
Dependable Home Services offers clear, honest evaluations of your home’s needs, and guarantees satisfaction. For more information about getting a siding facelift, get a free quote today!